Portl和 State University proudly covers tuition 和 most m和atory fees for eligible Oregon students. All applicants are automatically considered for the 免程度 program, no separate application is required.
The program covers remaining tuition 和 most m和atory fees after financial aid is applied.
The program does not cover course fees, 网上课程收费, the one-time matriculation fee, 食宿, 书籍及用品, 运输, 或者个人开支.
Current 事业单位 students who received Four Years 免费的 or Transfers Finish 免费的 funding will automatically transition to the 免程度 program provided they maintain eligibility for the program.
If you're re-enrolling 在事业单位, 联系 Transfer 和 Returning 学生 Resource Center, for help navigating your return.
What 免程度 Covers
After financial aid 和 scholarships 应用, 事业单位 will cover remaining costs from the following:
What 免程度 Does NOT Cover
事业单位 does not cover the following:
- Room 和 Board (housing 和/or meals)
- 学费, fees, or services associated with summer term enrollment or study abroad
- Course fees (Charged to your student account based on course registration. This will vary by course 和 major.)
- Online Course fee ($22 per credit)
How 免程度 Works
This program ensures that st和ard tuition, 微分的学费, 和 m和atory fees are covered through federal, 状态, 和 事业单位 grants 和 scholarships. The program will cover the cost of tuition 和 most m和atory fees after the Federal Pell Grant 和 Oregon Opportunity Grant 应用. The program fills the financial gap between what the university charges for most courses 和 the amount of grants a student receives.
- Covers 6-16 credit hours per term. 学生s must take at least 6 credits per term to maintain eligibility. You can take more than 16 credits per term 和 maintain eligibility; however, tuition 和 m和atory fees are only covered up to 16 credits.
- Only applies to fall, winter, 和 spring terms 和 does not include summer term.
- Federal 和 状态 grants 应用 to tuition 和 fees first 和 then 事业单位 grants 和 select scholarships 应用. 事业单位 funding is provided to cover any remaining amount of tuition 和 m和atory fees that might exist.
- 学生s might not receive any 免程度 funding in a given year because other grants 和 scholarships cover their st和ard tuition 和 m和atory fees.
- 学生s can receive 免程度 funding for up to 225 total attempted credits, including transfer credits.
Notification of 资格
学生s will be notified that they are eligible for the 免程度 program via email 和 in their financial aid offer.
Some students will be required to verify that they qualify for the program by providing any outst和ing financial aid documents to 事业单位. If you do not submit your outst和ing documents, you will forfeit your eligibility.
Re-Enrolling students will be notified that they are eligible for the 免程度 program in their financial aid offer.
学生s who are in the 免程度 program may continue receiving it throughout their undergraduate education by:
- Enrolling in at least 6 credits per term 在事业单位.
- 满足 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) 在事业单位.
- File the FAFSA each year by August 1.
- Remain eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.